Welcome to the Van Singel Fine Arts Center and thank you for visiting our volunteer page! The success of the Van Singel Fine Arts Center is made possible in part by our loyal volunteers who play an essential role within our facility. Get involved today and sign up below using the on-line volunteer form.
You may apply to volunteer by filling out the information below. Click here to download the Van Singel Fine Arts Center volunteer manual. The manual is to help you to become familiar with or to review the volunteer policies and procedures. Although we have attempted to include as much information as possible, we of course have not thought of everything. As you read this, if there is anything that is not clear, or if there is something that is not included that you feel should be — please let us know. Our goal is to update this manual as often as necessary to keep it current.
The Van Singel Fine Arts Center exists to bring affordable, quality family programming to the West Michigan area, particularly to those with insufficient access to the arts. In addition, the facility seeks to serve as a superior provider of arts education for the schools and communities in this region.
The Van Singel’s continuing efforts to meet the challenge of its mission are based upon a set of fundamental values which form the basis for the creation of policy and the management of its professional staff. These values serve to strengthen the Van Singel’s commitment to the delivery of services designed to enhance the quality of life in West Michigan.
• Education in the theatre arts
• The presentation of high quality theatrical experiences for the community
• Fiscal responsibility and balanced budget
• The support and participation of its patrons
• The commitment and talent of its professional staff
• The energy and talent of its volunteers
• The role of the performing arts in enhancing the quality of life
• Community access to the resources of the Van Singel
• Customer service as it relates to the patrons of the Van Singel
• The basic importance of a lively arts community as an economic stimulator within the community
The Van Singel Fine Arts Center is essentially a self-supporting arts organization. Even though the facility is part of the Byron Center Public Schools, it is not entirely funded with taxpayer dollars. Financial support for this facility, including staffing, comes mostly from ticket sales, underwriting, donations, rentals and program advertising.